Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

I have become keenly aware of the fact that fall, though my favorite time of year, is also the hardest season to photograph. It can get downright frustrating, in fact. It is always of the utmost importance to have good lighting when capturing an image, but it is even of a greater importance in the fall.

Not only that, but the fall colors only last so long. "Peak" colors may be 2 weeks, or 2 days. They don't last much longer than that and, although you can still take pictures of the fall when it is not peak, those "postcard" images that we all have in mind are hard to capture.

And I am not sure that I have figured out how to really photograph the fall colors. Time and time again I come away frustrated by my pursuits! I need help.

And that's my photographic reflection for the day.

2 comments:

Burcu said...

Hello there!
I am not a photographer but i think autumn is the best seasion for photographing. When i look at the photos which my friends take who are professional, i am really impressed.
i would like to see the photos you take on your blog.Have a nice day

Love from Turkey

Burcu

Unknown said...

What kind of camera are you using?